It's official....I have graduated from Mommy to Mom. Yesterday while Trenton was sick I had him in his room all set up with the DVD player. I told him that if he needed something to just call out for Mommy and I would come see him. Our conversation was as follows:
T: I don't want to say Mommy
M: What do you want to say?
T: Just Mom
M: Why just Mom? Why not Mommy?
T: Only babies say Mommy, I am a big boy now, so I only call you Mom.
M: Whatever, just call me when you need something.
I know...not very sympathetic there at the end...but I could not decide if my feelings were hurt, or if I was just as pathetic as he was yesterday. I don't think I like this graduation, but I guess it was sure to come. So, now I am just Mom...we will see when I graduate to Mother!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome to the club, Mom!! Let's hope that we ALL don't graduate to being called by our first names! ;>
xo
NEVER Mother!!
Post a Comment