
Last night I surprised my boys with tickets to the Jazz/
Laker game for Valentines Day! They had no idea what I was up to...and I love to give surprises! The boys and I went up to the U right as Josh was getting out of class and told him we wanted to go to dinner. He usually stays up there working on homework until about 7 or 8...so if we want to see him, we go there to meet him. So, he was surprised to see us, but had no idea what I was really up to.

After a little dinner at Taco Bell and talking about what Josh had left to finish at school, and me telling Trenton we had to go home and clean up his room we got in the car to take Josh back to school. But...for some reason the van decided to head down town instead of up the mountain! As we headed there Josh started guessing at what I was up to. He couldn't remember if the Jazz were playing that night, so he started thinking it must be something like Disney on Ice. Well, as we started seeing parking places he realized that some of them were charging $15.00 which is highly
un-normal. We found one for $5.00 and it hit him, the
Lakers were in town! His face lit up as he started to ask questions about how I got tickets. (they sold out the day the went on sale and I had to make a few phone calls!) Trenton then heard what was going on and started yelling "Go
Lakers, go
Lakers!" I pulled the
Laker apparel out of the trunk and we all suited up and headed in!

We had so much fun! Trenton danced and screamed and loved that he could yell as loud as he wanted without being told to be quiet. We ate popcorn and ice cream and just enjoyed each other.
Braxton even just looked around amazed at all there was to see! It was a great night even when the
Lakers ended up losing!
4 comments:
Yay! Go Jazz...er, uh...LOL
What a *fun* wife/mommy you are!! And so brave taking two wee ones! I'll bet Trenton had the time of his little life yelling like a banshee! Bet he slept well! ;>
xo
GO JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you pulled it off sug!!! Great idea!!
You guys are looking so good! We don't do sports in our house, but we did just register the girls fro spring soccer. We'll see how that goes.
Post a Comment