Our sweet Little Love has been with us for four months now!!! How time flies! He has done quite a bit this last month...but we will get into that in a moment. I took him to his 4 month check up today and my little chunk weighs in at 15 lbs. He has actually slowed down, he is now only in the 55% for kids his age. He is 24 1/2 inches which is the 30%. Daddy called him short and fat, but I think he is perfect! We talked about my little poopstain being a "Night Feeder" is what he called him, and he told me it was time to let the little one fall asleep on his own. He said to try and not to nurse him to sleep, so he knows how to self sooth. All the things we talked about are things I have known, but for some reason have had a hard time following with this one. We will see how the next couple of weeks pan out! Now the following might be too much information...but I will be as medically correct as possible. My boy has some big "boys"...okay testicles...those that have seen me change his diaper have even commented on this fact. Evidently the testis start out up near the stomach as a tube and as a baby boy gets older, the tube is supposed to close itself off with scar tissue. Well, his right one has not yet fully closed off, so he has fluid draining into the bottom, hence showing as big "boys"! I told the doc that Josh just thought the boy was blessed! This is nothing to be worried about, but if it does not close itself off by the age of 1, they will go in and sew it shut. I don't remember the medical term, but it is all good. He had his shots, cried a little, but was easily soothed!
So now for all the fun things this month. He had his first feeding of cereal. Of course, this had to be a family affair. We had the video camera going, the regular camera going, and we all had to take turns with the spoon. He had such a good time and actually ate more than what wound up on his face! He thought it was great fun, and so did we...until the middle of the night. The poor baby started screaming at 12:30 in the morning and could not be consoled. He was scrunching his little legs and would quiet if he was able to get a little toot out. We tried again the next night, but with not so much, and the same thing happened. So...we quit until I talked to the doc. He said to go ahead and try again, but to try rice instead of oatmeal. Hopefully all will go well and our little love will be on his way to experiencing all sorts of yummy things!



Braxton has been hard pressed to give up any sort of giggles. Evidently, Mommy and Daddy didn't know what it took to make him giggle, and big brother came along and started acting silly and whala....he got a laugh! It was the cutest little sound. Still, Trenton is the only one who can get him really going!
As I had mentioned before in an earlier entry, I surprised my boys with tickets to the Jazz/Laker game for Valentines day. Even our sweet boy went with us, so he experienced his first professional basketball game before he reached 4 months!
We have been so blessed to have this little boy with us. We love him so very much and are excited to watch him learn and grow, and be a part of our crazy little family. We love you Braxton David!
4 comments:
Awww cuter. You know you have me in your corner cheering you on for night time!! Remember I said it was so harder with Sadie. Our hearts were broken but by three weeks we were utterly exhausted! Make sure you have cute Josh with you in bed so you can hold and console eachother and so he is there to wipe your tears. It will only be for a few nights but then you will be FREE!! FREE FREE FREE!! And what a feeling it will be! Love you tons...you can do it!
I think the sweetest sound is a baby's laugh...and the bestest smell is a freshly-bathed babe. :)
Good luck on the nights...as for me, I rocked every one of 'em to sleep before putting them in their crib for the night. ;>
xo
Dad I think has a copy for you. You should get it this weekend.
You have another heart breaker on your hands. What are you going to do about all the girls banging down the door to get to your boys? Just remember, Avary and Trenton. ;)
Post a Comment