Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lola had cosmetic surgery

Lola....Josh's girlfriend...my competition. When Josh started the masters program 3 years ago we had to make an investment in a very complicated computer. It had to have this and that (I don't know all the details) in order to perform that or this. So....quite a few dollars later, Josh obtained his new girlfriend, my competition. Come to find out...she has been a lemon, and has caused many frustrated moments in Josh's life! But none the less, he still spends many countless hours with her.
It was a sad day on Friday the 13th of February when Josh called me and told me that the car had been broken into and Lola was computer-napped. He was absolutely distraut. OK, not completely because again...she was not performing to his expectations. After a call to the insurance agency, we were told they would pay for Lola to have cosmetic surgery...needless to say, Josh was ecstatic that his girlfriend was going to be slimmer, faster, and perform much better! So, here are a few pictures to show how happy he was with the outcome.
Me on the other hand...I was thrilled when the competition got eliminated. As frustrating as it was to Josh, he was forced to come home and use my trusty computer Jack. He complained the whole time about how slow he is....but he is trusty none the less and brought Josh home more. Now, once again with the surgery complete, I have gone back to competing with Lola...but we will see who wins in the long run...especially once school is out!

3 comments:

bon said...

Okay, so I see *PICTURES* of Josh's new gal-pal...you found your camera, I hope? Both Val and I groaned when we read that Lola was nabbed, but are smiling now that Josh is happy with the replacement. We hope YOU are smiling very soon, Tif! Show us the paper chain!!!

xo

Hollie Wood said...

I don't think you can name him Jack because Jack makes me think of Mr Bauer and he is hot and definitely not slow! However, very trusty! It also makes me think of hottie Jack Sheppard and... mmmmm.... that's all I have to say about him! Please keep this slimmer faster sleeker hussy to yourself and away from our home as I am in NO mood for competition!!

Sierra said...

You are too funny! Maybe I should name our computer. Spencer has an "Internet Tab" and that is my "Lola".