Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kindergarten!

My baby had his first day of elementary school on Monday. He was so excited, but had some major butterflies going in his tummy the night before and during the morning as we got ready! We tried to walk to school with Beck and Laura...but we got poured on and had to call Daddy to come get us. So, because it was raining we got to go into the classroom with him and help him put his bag and wet jacket away and find his desk!



After he was set I told him it was time for Dad and I to go and he looked up at me with those big blue eyes and said "Aren't you going to stay with me for a little bit?" That is when the tears started to swell up, so I had to quickly tell him no and make my exit before they hit my cheeks!
To help the morning of my anticipation of wondering if he was having fun, Braxton and I met the girls and Braxton's friends for a little bit of breakfast!
Braxton and Lincoln enjoyed their sausage...
Erin is a pro at this whole school thing...Carmen is in second grade this year! Laura had no tears, Beck was so excited and she was smart and threw him out of the car as she pointed him to his classroom and he went running!
Owen was just happy to be there, and enjoyed his yummy muffin.
Braxton was actually pretty good for being up as early as we were! 7:00 came WAY to early...but we are starting to adjust!
Best part....Trenton got in the car and said "That was the best first day ever!" I don't know where the time has gone, but it definitely flew by. I am so proud of my smart boy, and so excited for him to make new friendships as he learns all sorts of new things! Now let's have a great year!

4 comments:

Sam Jo said...

They grow up so fast! He looked so cute!!!!

Rachael said...

I can't believe Trenton is in school! He is such a cute kid! Looks like life is treating you well. (found your blog because of your fb page) :) I'm sure as school goes on it will be easier to say goodbye. Be sure to keep in touch!

bon said...

Oh, how I remember that first day of big kids school! I cried, too!! I'm so glad T had a great first day!! He's off and runnin', mom!! :D

Sierra said...

That's always so fun. At least we kinda get used to it when we put them in nursery.