Monday, January 11, 2010

Poop poop poop

So for about the past month Braxton has had some major diarrhea going on. Now I consider myself to be a pretty tough mom. Dirt, poop, food on clothes, these types of things don't scare me. I can handle chaning a dirty diaper...but man...the smell that comes from these diapers litteraly make my eyes water and I have to physically control my gag reflex. It started with the flu and then never really went away. With him being my second, I did not rush to the doctors office. I knew he was teething, and I knew if he just had a virus there was nothing they could do about it. This last Thursday while at the mall he had 3 major explosions within 15 minutes of eachother. I threw away clothes while there and he came home in just a long sleeved shirt and a dirty diaper. I had had enough, so I called the Dr. We went in on Friday afternoon and I stumped the good man. No fever, he acts just fine, just poops alot. So, we got the glorius task of collecting a stool sample this weekend and rushing it to a lab to test for bacteria, parasites, etc. We are still awaiting the results. So, this morning during breakfast he had another blow out. I took him upstairs and directly to the tub. All the clothes were in there and the diaper, so it smelled really bad. Trenton came in and we had the following conversation:
T: Why is Braxton in the bath?
M: Why is he in the bath? Take a big sniff and you tell me. (just as I said that Trenton inhaled very deeply)
T: Eeew....it smells like the zoo in here.
So there you have it ladies and gentlemen...their is definatly something wrong with my little man....he smells like the zoo!!!

2 comments:

bon said...

Ewww! Sounds like he has the creeping crud!! I remember the days...with not much fondness! ;)

Hugs!!

Hollie Wood said...

Ohhhh sad but I am so LOL right now about Trenton's comment!