Sunday, January 31, 2010

Trenton Earned His Blending Badge


So Trenton gets in the car as I pick him up from school on January 11 and says to me:
T: Mom, something very special happened to me today.
M: Oh...what happened?
T: (as he pulls his badge from underneath his coat) I earned my blending badge! I know how to read!
M: (I hurry and pull over) WHAT? Already? Baby I am so proud of you. Good job!
T: So do we get to go to Bonsai tonight??

I am so proud of him. In order to receive their blending badge the kids have to be able to blend letters together and read small books on their own to their teachers. He is such a smart boy! We got on the phone with Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa to see when everyone could go to dinner to celebrate. Unfortunately, I had my first night of school and so we had to go on Tuesday night! We had fun watching the volcano, and all the other cool tricks the chef did. Daddy caught the shrimp in his mouth, but everyone else...not so much!
Great job Trenton, we are so proud of you!

No comments: