Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Dirty Dash

So this crazy lady (my mom) talked me into joining this crazy team to run in the Dirty Dash up in Midway. (Side note: she was so excited to watch and help with kids, but didn't realize she would be nice and clean in China at the time...gee thanks!) What is the Dirty Dash? A 5K for crazy people that consists of a lot of hills, a lot of obstacles, a lot of COLD water and A TON of mud! Honestly, if I would have been in better shape then maybe I could say I had fun. But seeing that I did no training, and hardly ever see the inside of a gym, the entire event was quite a shock to my body! We started out nice and clean, but had a very hard time staying that way. We do not have pictures of ourselves running it, but do have lots of pictures of the kiddos participating in the Piggy Plunge. This was the kids turn to play in the mud, hike up to the giant slip and slide, and wade their way thru the pig sty that was waist deep in mud. The boys had a great time (Braxton was done after the cold water hitting him on the slip and slide)! Trenton cannot wait to take part again next year. We will see about that.....if so....I will be nice and dry and clean cheering from the sidelines! Enjoy the mess!












I forgot to mention how much Nickolas HATES to get dirty. It is really funny to watch him play in sand. He doesn't really play, but puts his hands to his side with his elbows in and lightly touches it. Needless to say, this was not his thing!



They were so busy spraying us as we tried to get on the slide, that it was very hard to just sit on your butt and slide down the entire slide. So, I had to hold Braxton up and walk him down it. Trenton tried lots of times to ride it out, but ended up just bouncing himself down most of the way.











Daddy finally was able to get to us at this point, and not a minute too soon! Braxton was done after being sprayed, and Trenton couldn't move fast enough to get to the huge mud pit!















My cute boy did such a great job and made sure he made the most out of the opportunity to play in the mud! I love that happy face!




This is our crazy team once we all made it through the finish line. Josh ended up fully submerged into the sty...so yes...that his him in the back! And yes...I wore a swim cap and goggles as to not get a head full of mud, and not to loose my contacts!





No comments: