Monday, August 9, 2010

Pioneer Day

Wow....what a busy day we had on the 24th of July. It is Pioneer Day here in Utah, and a state holiday! Mom has great memories of the parade that happens downtown from her childhood, and now that she lives here wanted to venture out to see it again! We decided we would give it a shot with her, so we headed out at 7:00 in the morning to stake out a seat and wait. I could not believe the number of people that had camped out on the street the night before. It was so blasted hot as we sat and waited, and then watched the parade, but the kids did pretty well. It was fun to watch once...will I get up and go sit in the sun for it again??? Probably not, and I would definitely not sleep on the street waiting for it. After our parade adventure we met up with the Weir's and some of their ward members to go for a hike. Braxton rode on Daddy's back and Trenton walked most of it. He actually did very well given what a long morning we had. It was fun being with everyone and trying our first official hike with the boys. I think we will do that again, just not after getting up early and sitting in the sun!





No comments: