I know...weird that I am blogging about a shopping trip, but I had to share what I did last night. I went to a friends house one night a few months back when she had a coupon party. We were taught how to use coupons to their full potential in order to save money for our families as well as start a good food storage. So, I have been trying it for the past couple of months, but I don't think I have been doing it right. Well...this week Albertsons had an awesome sale, so I ventured out to try again. 1 1/2 hours later, 4 transactions later, and a little bit of stress, this is what I came home with.Transaction 1:
1 Betty Crocker muffin mix
9 Hamburger helpers
1 Betty Crocker frosting
2 Betty Crocker cake mixes
3 Betty Crocker warm delights
4 Betty Crocker brownie mixes
Amount spent: $28.96
Amount saved: $26.97
Transaction 2:
2 wishbone salad dressings
3 chex mix
1 cherrios snack mix
3 granola clusters
2 Breyers ice cream
1-4 pack yoplait yogurt
2 suave hairsprays
1 suave shampoo
Amount Spent $10.60
Amount Saved: $47.40
Transaction 3:
5 Green giant vegetables
1 Macaroni Grill Entree
2 Lipton Rice Sides
4 cereals
2 Klondike 6 pack bars
1 Suave Conditioner
1 Suave Shampoo
Amount Spent: $10.58
Amount Saved: $39.70
Transaction 4:
1 peanut butter
15 powerade
4 yoplait yogurt
2 1 lb. ground turkey
2 lunchables
Amount Spent: $2.53
Amount Saved: $45.47
So in all I spent $52.67 and saved $159.54!! Thought it was so cool I had to share!
7 comments:
why did you have to do so many trasactions?
Yeah, what Heather asked...and that's pretty cool, no matter the number of transactions! Were they all at the same Albertson's?
xo
They had a sale going that if you buy a combination of certain items worth $30 they print you out a coupon for $15 on your next shopping trip. So you divide your shopping list into $30 increments and use the coupon for the next transaction! And yes, this was all at the same Albertsons, but I only did two transactions at a time, un-loaded in the car and then came back in to finish so people didn't get mad that were behind me in line!
Wow!! Ya da woman!! :D
xo
Now that is what I call smart shopping! Way to go Tiff!
AWESOME!!! The only time I ever save more than I spend is when I'm clothes shopping. I'm so jealous!
I do it too! My family's food bill has gone down to about $450 a month--and I have 2 kids in diapers!!
Post a Comment