Well...it is a bitter sweet time for me right now. Mom and Dad have decided to FINALLY move to Utah! I am so excited to have them here with us, as well as Heather and Nickolas. They have bought a beautiful home in Draper and will only be about 10-15 minutes away now! So, I had to use this as an excuse to travel to Cali to have one last good look and stay in the home I spent most of my childhood in. We moved to La Palma when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I spent many long homework nights there, had many friends over to visit and stay the night, my 16th birthday party was there...you get the picture. Anyways, I know I am sappy, but I had to have some closure. It was a relatively short trip compared to the ones I usually take when going home. We were so lucky to have Josh be able to come home with us this time, but it limited us to only 8 days. So, as usual we spent our time running around visiting family and friends. We were able to overlap with Paul and Karla's trip home and spend a day with them as well. It was fun to have everyone under the same roof. Braxton had his first experience in a swimming pool...how appropriate for it to be the one I grew up with! He loved it. We met Grandma and Grandpa Crawford at the beach and walked the pier to get some chili fries and a malt at Ruby's. This too was a first for Braxton, I'm so glad he got to experience a little bit of the beach. We of course had to spend a couple of days doing some "tourist" things, so we spent two days in San Diego and hit both the zoo and sea world. The boys loved it, and it was fun being outside and spending time together. Enjoy the pictures of our fun little vacation!
Braxton loves to get his brother. His giggle is so funny whenever Trenton is around!
Daddy helping Trenton touch the bat rays.
I love to watch little hands at work.
Classic Shamu picture!





Trenton and Nickolas had a great time in the water fountains!
Trenton dancing to the Sesame Street show!

We took a ride on the sky cab at the zoo and when we got off Trenton came running down the ramp screaming "That was awesome", "Totally wicked man". Needless to say, we had to get on again!


My sweet little boy in his silly little hat. Whatever works to keep him protected right!

3 comments:
I have a lump in my throat for you! I'm so glad you had an opportunity to go back, one more time, and stay at the home you spent a lot of time in. :) But, I'm also happy for you, and all of us, that your mom and dad and sissy are making the move to be closer to us all! :)
those are the cutest pictures ever!!!! they say a thousand words!!! it'll be weird not having someone live in cali anymore!!!=[
My parents moved from my home about 7 years ago. It was sad to say goodbye to my house and childhood, but I LOVE having them only 30 minutes away.
Post a Comment